Himalaya Herbals claims to combine the best of Ayurveda with years of scientific research. It claims that their products effectively restore your skin’s natural health and vitality.
About the product:
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash is a soap-free face wash gel which cleanses and purifies for clear, problem-free skin. The tube says its for Normal to Oily skin, thus not suitable for dry skin.It claims that the product contains Neem and Turmeric and it helps control acne and pimples.The product also claims that it is dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic and clinically proven for effectiveness.
It comes in 50ml (and also 100ml) white and green partially clear tube. The package is reliable in terms of travelling and carrying in handbags etc since the lid is very tight and there is apparently no chance of leakage.
PKR 120 for 50ml
How I use it:
Since my skin is already on dry side during winters, I avoid all sort of face washes and gels which may dry the skin even further, I use this product only once daily after I come back from work because that is one time when the skin actually needs some purifying cleansing.
It leaves my skin clean, smooth and not overly dry like other face wash gels do. I have not noticed any redness on my face post breakouts which means there is no salicylic acid in the product.
- Its quite amazing that this face wash gel actually does not dry the skin as much as any regular anti-acne face wash would do. Drying the skin does not control acne, rather aggravates it, therefore, this product is safe for people prone to breakouts in winters.
- The smell is really good specially after a day outdoors.
- The package is easy to carry in a hand bag.
- It lasted relatively longer than other face wash gels I have used. The 50ml tube, being used once every day, lasted over a month.
- The product is really good in terms of what it promises and delivers in the price far lesser than the products which claim the same for more price.
- Texture of the gel is quite thick for a normal face wash gel and its really hard to apply it since there is practically no foam. The consistency of the gel is my only problem.
- There is no exfoliating affect because there are no grains or beads like Clean & Clear face wash or Pure Active face wash.
- The ingredients are mentioned in Arabic only and not in English and I can read glycerin as one of them so I’m not sure the product will be as effective in summers when skin is already high on producing oil but this ingredient may be the reason why the skin does not feel awkwardly tight and dry after using this product.
Do I recommend it:
I recommend it for winters because it does not leave the skin dry. I have not noticed any pimples since I started using it but it does not necessarily be because of this product. Of course, the product did not break me out. The consistency is a big turn off though.
Will I purchase it again: